50 ways to grow closer to your spouse
Posted July 15
There are so many ways to grow closer to your spouse. From going on adventures together, to doing little acts of service for each other, strengthening your bond can be easy and fun.
Try out these 50 ways to grow closer to your spouse and watch your marriage soar.
1. Go on a night drive together till you reach a good stargazing spot.
2. Make breakfast together.
3. Wake up a couple of minutes early to snuggle in bed before you get up.
4. Make goals together.
5. Meal plan together.
6. Do a workout plan/video together.
7. Make your spouse a little gift.
8. Give them a compliment you’ve never said before.
9. Play a (kind) practical joke on your love.
10. Go above and beyond to plan a birthday/holiday surprise for your spouse.
11. Write your sweetheart a handwritten love note.
12. Plan a date you’ve never done before.
13. Give your spouse a foot rub.
14. Make them their favorite treat.
15. Surprise your sweetheart with concert tickets.
16. Send them a sweet and flirty text in the middle of the day.
17. Focus on not correcting or interrupting your partner.
18. Buy your spouse a little treat on your way home.
19. Plan a trip together.
20. Watch Netflix and chill.
21. Paint water colors together.
22. Go through old pictures together.
23. Beat your partner to a chore they had on their to-do list.
24. Keep a notebook of all the reasons you love your spouse and give it to them when it’s full.
25. Ask your spouse about their day and truly listen to everything they say.
26. Hold hands when you’re out in public.
27. Make a list of reasons you’re grateful for your spouse.
28. Ask your sweetheart to tell you a childhood memory you’ve never heard.
29. Think of a way you can serve your spouse and do it.
30. Tell your love they are amazing.
31. Have a dinner and watch a show at home for date night.
32. Play one of their favorite childhood games together.
33. When you wake up, ask your love, “What can I do to make your day better?”
34. Read a poem or short story together and discuss it.
35. Go an entire day without complaining in front of your spouse.
36. Watch their favorite movie together.
37. Give them an extra long hug and kiss before you part.
38. Make a fort out of pillows and blankets in your living room.
39. Go on a romantic picnic.
40. Take a hammock out into nature and snuggle.
41. Take a long lunch break and dine out together.
42. Tell your sweetheart you love them at least 10 times in one day.
43. Start a new hobby together.
44. Start a photo album or memory book of your lives together.
45. Go to the zoo together.
46. Write a poem or song lyrics together.
47. Go back to the place where you got engaged and reminisce.
48. Have a competition with each other- running, eating, etc.
49. Wash your car together (and get playful with the hose and wet sponges).
50. Make out in the rain.
What are some of your favorite ways to grow closer to your spouse?
McKenna Park is a staff writer at FamilyShare. She's a happy wife, puppy mama, ice cream addict and film nerd. Contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org.