Local News

5 suffer smoke inhalation during early morning Stem house fire

Posted February 10

— Five people were injured early Friday morning when a home caught fire near Stem.

The Granville County home ignited around 5:30 a.m., according to officials.

The five people, including a boy, two girls, a mother and grandmother, suffered minor injuries from smoke inhalation, and the boy had a minor burn on his hand.

Authorities believe the fire started in the living room.


Please with your WRAL.com account to comment on this story. You also will need a Facebook account to comment.

Oldest First
View all