35 unique questions to ask on a first date to help spark the conversation
Posted May 19
Does anyone actually enjoy first dates? They are so nerve-wracking, especially when they are with someone you hardly know. Sure, first dates are meant to be casual and social, but the thought of whether or not a romantic relationship will develop is always in the back of everyone’s mind.
To rock a first date, get to know your date by asking questions. Here’s a list of 35 questions to ask your date to guarantee you both have an enjoyable time. (Though this list does not guarantee a second date.)
1. Do you prefer TV shows or movies?
2. What type of music do you listen to?
3. Do you have any allergies?
4. Who is your favorite superhero?
5. Do you have any siblings/are you close with any of them?
6. What quality do you notice first about a person?
7. What food condiment could you not live without?
8. If you could have any job in the world, what would you choose?
9. What’s the best vacation you’ve ever taken?
10. What vegetable do you absolutely hate?
11. What hairstyle trend do you hate the most?
12. How often do you call your parents?
13. If you could have any animal as a pet, what would you choose?
14. Have you read any good books recently?
15. What’s number one on your bucket list?
16. Who was your first crush?
17. What is your biggest pet peeve?
18. What three things do you bring if you were stranded on a desert island?
19. What were you like in high school?
20. How is your life different now than you thought it would be at this age?
21. What is the best advice you’ve ever received?
22. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
23. Who is your least favorite celebrity?
24. What is one of your proudest moments?
25. What is one of your most embarrassing moments?
26. If you weren’t afraid of anything, what would you try?
27. Where is your happy place?
28. If you could go to any amusement park in the world, where would you go?
29. Do you have any favorite teachers/professors? What were they like?
30. If your home was on fire and you could only save two things, what would you choose?
31. What is something you’re secretly passionate about?
32. If you were the president for one week, what would you do?
33. Do you collect anything?
34. What’s the worst date you’ve ever been on?
35. Do you want to do this again sometime? (If the answer to number 34 wasn’t “this one.”)
The most important aspect of a first date is getting to know each other, and these questions are a fun way of seeing your date's different sides. Try these out next time you’ve got a date planned.