Local News

3 hospitalized when Holly Springs home fills with carbon monoxide

Posted April 26

— Two Holly Springs children and their mother were taken to the hospital early Wednesday morning to be treated for carbon monoxide poisoning.

Authorities said the family was asleep in the house on Sarrucca Court when they felt nauseated. Someone called the fire department around 4:15 a.m.

Fire officials said the family was alerted to a problem by their pet cats that were jumping on and off the bed.

The fire chief said the family parked a car in the garage around 9 p.m. last night but left it running, which caused the home to fill with the gas.

The father was not taken to the hospital to be treated, officials said.

Comments

Please with your WRAL.com account to comment on this story. You also will need a Facebook account to comment.

Oldest First
View all