3 arrested in connection to Cary home invasion, kidnapping
Posted June 18
Updated June 20
Cary, N.C. — Police on Saturday arrested and charged three men in connection to a home invasion and kidnapping in Cary earlier this week.
On Thursday around 2 a.m., five men forced their way into a home on Sandy Whispers Place and held the homeowners at gunpoint, stole valuables from the home and forced one person to go to a nearby ATM to withdraw cash. An SUV stolen from the victim's house was later found burning in Durham.
Police said tips from the public and a multi-jurisdictional effort led to the arrests of the three people.
John Battle, 23, of Dawkins Street, Durham, is charged with felony robbery with a dangerous weapon, felony second-degree kidnapping and felony first-degree burglary. Tycorey Tabron, 24, of Old Zebulon Road, Wendell, and Justin Atwater, 16, of Dawkins Street, Durham, were both charged with felony accessory after the fact. All three are being held at the Wake County Detention Center.
"Thanks to near round-the-clock media coverage and posts on social media, we are able to begin bringing closure to the family who fell victim to this horrible incident," Police Captain Randall Rhyne said in a statement. "Our investigation is continuing, and we again ask anyone with information related to these people or the invasion to call (us)."
Anyone with information about the robbery should call the Town of Cary's non-emergency line at 919-469-4012 or Crime Stoppers at 919-460-4636.