22 things your ex is thinking right now
Posted October 27, 2016
Breakups are a whirlwind of emotions. There's a lot of uncertainty, sadness, fear, disappointment and depending on the relationship, there's sometimes anger (or even relief). Whether your relationship ended well or on a bad note, these are things that your ex is definitely thinking right now.
- "Wow, I didn't realize how much we did together."
- "Everything reminds me of you."
- "Was breaking up the right thing to do?"
- "What if you start dating someone else right away?"
- "Wow, I'll never get anyone better."
- "I have no idea what I'm going to do if we run into each other in public."
- "My family members will be asking me about you the next time I see them. What do I say?"
- "I hope you're okay. Really, I want you to be happy."
- "I'm so angry at you for all the drama, your complaining and your arguing."
- "I'm still so in love with you."
- "When I least expect it, I think I see your face in the crowd and it takes me a second to realize it's not you."
- "You were so familiar and now everyone else I meet feels like a stranger."
- "I'm fine. I'm totally over you. I'm so glad to be free."
- "Suddenly I have so much free time. I didn't realize how much time we spent together until you were gone."
- "I'm really scared. What if no one ever loves me the way you did?"
- "In a way, our breakup is forcing me to prioritize my life. When I'm hurting, I'm suddenly grateful for my true friends who are willing to support me."
- "The worst thing about our breakup are the dozens of people who ask me how you're doing, and I have to say we broke up."
- "You taught me so much about relationships and about myself. Thank you."
- "There's so much stuff I have that reminds me of you. Shirts I wore in pictures of us, presents you gave me...and I'm torn between keeping them forever and just throwing them away."
- "I keep looking at my phone expecting you to text me."
- "Don't pay attention to my social media. I'm trying to convince myself I've already moved on."
- "I wish you the best. I really loved you and hope you find a happy and fulfilling life."
Hannah Chudleigh joined FamilyShare because of its positive influence on families worldwide. She earned her bachelor's degree in English and loves reading, writing, and running.