20 questions to ask your husband instead of "How was your day?"
Posted December 18, 2016
In the rush of life it is easy to substitute small talk for actually talking. It is sometimes hard to find the time to really ask him how his day was...not to mention conversations about the kids, the bills, the house and the grocery list. With the hustle and bustle of life, we forget how important it is to get beyond the surface questions and actually take the time to talk to each other, like you used to. Here are 20 of the best questions to ask to spark a real conversation — not just small talk — that maybe missing from your marriage.
1. What pictures or videos did you take today?
2. What is a new hobby you have been wanting to try?
3. Who is someone who inspires you?
4. What was on your mind today?
5. What should you be famous for doing today?
6. What is your go-to song? Quote?
7. How have we changed since we got married?
8. If you had to pick one day to be your Groundhog day, what day would you pick to relive over and over again?
9. If you woke up tomorrow with no fear, what would do?
10. When was the last time you cried? Why?
11. What are you worried about today?
12. What are you excited about?
13. What is your favorite part of our marriage?
14. What can I do to make your life easier this week?
15. What’s one thing you have never told me?
16. Where do you see us in 5 years? 10 years?
17. What is the last thing that made you really laugh?
18. What’s something you’re glad you will never have to do again?
19. What’s something you would love to do every day?
20. Are you happy?
This list is nowhere near comprehensive, but when you sit down and ask some of the questions that truly matter, amazing things come to light. You may find out things you didn’t know before. But most importantly, you will deepen the bond you share with your husband; that bond will last through the years and create a foundation for a long and happy marriage.
Kelsey is a student at Brigham Young University studying to broaden her horizons through the written word. She loves the outdoors, family, car washes and punny witticisms.