National News

2 DPW employees taken to hospital after inhaling smoke from acid

Posted June 14

— Two Indianapolis Department of Public Works employees were taken to a hospital Wednesday after they inhaled smoke from muriatic acid found with trash on the city's south side.

The two solid waste workers were picking up trash in the 3300 block of Busy Bee Lane, DPW spokesperson Betsy Whitmore said.

When the trash was compacted, a plume of smoke came out from the truck. The two workers had difficulty breathing from the smoke. They were taken to St. Francis Hospital to be checked out.

Comments

Please with your WRAL.com account to comment on this story. You also will need a Facebook account to comment.

Oldest First
View all