Local News

2 Critically Injured in House Fire

Posted May 7, 2007
Updated May 8, 2007

Map Marker  Find News Near Me

— Two people were hospitalized Monday after an early morning fire gutted a Johnston County house.

Firefighters from three departments responded to a report of a fire in the 300 block of North Farmer Drive at about 4:30 a.m. Monday.

Charles Thompson, 45, and Gloria De la Cruz, 66, were taken to Johnston Memorial Hospital and were then airlifted to the Jayce Burn Center at the University of North Carolina Hospitals in Chapel Hill for treatment, authorities said.

They were listed in critical condition Tuesday.

Firefighters had the fire under control by 5:30 a.m., but the home was destroyed, authorities said.

The fire is considered accidental. Investigators said it likely started in a wood stove.

2 Comments

Please with your WRAL.com account to comment on this story. You also will need a Facebook account to comment.

Oldest First
View all
  • Spittin Dat Knowledge May 7, 2007

    That must of been scary for them, i hope everything works out for them. They will be in my prayers.

  • spiritwarriorwoman May 7, 2007

    Praying for them.

    God bless.

    Rev. RB