14 unique, romantic and fun ways to celebrate your anniversary on a budget
Posted July 28, 2016
Your marriage is one of the top priorities in your life. Don’t let circumstances allow you to neglect celebrating your anniversary!
Think you have already done everything you can with the amount of time and money you have? Try one of these ideas instead this year:
1. Blow up a balloon for each year you have been married (or as many as you would like) and put a piece of paper in each one sharing a favorite memory you have of the two of you. Every hour (or half hour) of your evening together, pop one of the balloons and try to recreate or talk about that memory.
2. Bury something in the backyard and send your spouse on a scavenger hunt to find it. Take pictures of the journey for posterity.
3. Record a video of yourself telling your spouse what you appreciate about them. Set it up on your TV and have a romantic dinner on the living room floor.
4. Rent a tandem bike and take a nice evening ride together. Go to historical landmarks, favorite parks or wherever the night takes you.
5. Make an anniversary mix. Put your favorite songs from the past year on it and then listen to it throughout the night. You can make this a yearly tradition and see how your taste in music evolves throughout the coming years.
6. Send your spouse on a scavenger hunt with lots of fun clues. Have the end be you waiting for your spouse in your room.
7. Can you paint? If not, try it! Tackling a new hobby together can be such a fun adventure and if you just follow YouTube video tutorials and stay in your own home it is very inexpensive.
8. Make a romantic dinner together with ingredients you already have at home. Gourmet top ramen anyone?
9. Take pictures of one another and make some fun collages for free on an app like Picmonkey or Canvas.
10. Ever tried drawing one another? Dress up and strike a pose while your spouse tries to draw you with whatever you have lying around in your house. Who knows, you may have a hidden talent you never knew!
11. Try to recreate the first meal you ever ate as a wedding couple. Reflect on your favorite parts of that happy day. If you have a scrapbook or a video of the day, look back on it together underneath a fuzzy blanket.
12. Take a ballroom dance class together! See who really is the clumsiest out of the two of you.
13. Go to the local thrift store and buy each other a crazy outfit under $10. Then wear the clothes out to dinner or walk around the fancy part of town. This will give you and the people around you a good laugh. Be sure to take pictures!
14. Give back to the community or volunteer at a charitable organization together.
There are countless ways to celebrate your anniversary. No matter how busy you are, or how tight your budget may be, find something you can do for your spouse to express your love for them.
Tana is a student with a passion for words. She believes that written words can touch people in ways unimaginable. In her spare time she enjoys singing, hiking, cuddling in a fuzzy blanket, and spending time with her friends and family.