14 facts about Simone Biles that will make you love her even more
Posted August 20
It’s no surprise to anyone that Simone Biles has dominated the Olympic news coverage. Her incredible talent demands attention, and her performances have proved that attention has been well earned. These 13 fun facts will help you appreciate the powerful gymnast even more.
2. A gym sent a letter to Simone’s home requesting she join the tumbling or gymnastics group after seeing Simone imitate gymnastics on a day care field trip to the gym.
3. She loves pizza just like the rest of us.
4. Simone’s birth mom was an alchoholic and drug addict. She was incapable of watching after her children, so Simone was only with her for her first few years.
7. In 2013, she became the first African-American female athlete to win the gold in the all-around.
8. Her family owns the World Champions Centre in Spring, Texas.
10. Simone has always been fearless, and learned to do back flips off of the family mailbox before she was even in gymnastics.
12. She loves her German Shepherds
13. At 4’8”, Simone is the shortest American Olympian this year. (The tallest is DeAndre Jordan and DeMarcus Cousins at 6’11”.)