12 beautiful breakfast bowls you'll be dying to try this month
Posted May 11
Do you love cereal?
If so, you’re like most of us. But did you know cereals are some of the most commonly eaten processed foods?
But you don’t have to fall victim to cereal’s sneaky, unhealthy ways. There are plenty of other breakfast bowls out there full of clean, wholesome goodness. And get this — they’re sweet just like bowls of cereal, but they’re filled with natural sugars, which may actually reduce your risk of heart disease by 7 percent!
Treat yourself and your family to these easy, healthy, gourmet breakfast bowls:
1. Cut dragon fruit into heart-shaped pieces just to remind yourself how happy your heart will be with this meal. Let the hearts float over blended acai and blueberries. Then, sprinkle a few oats on top.
2. Wake up lightly by pouring almond milk over a bowl of overnight oats, which are made from oats, mashed banana, chia seeds and more almond milk that are mixed and left together overnight. In the morning add un-soaked chia seeds, kiwi, pistachios and edible petals for an earthy, homemade bowl of goodness.
3. Cozy up to a warm bowl of porridge. Delight your taste buds by adding bananas, peanut butter and your favorites seeds.
4. Show yourself some love by adding raspberries on top of a bowl of oatmeal. Then add chia seeds, coconut shavings and pomegranate seeds for a sweet, tart flavor.
5. Prepare a bit of chia pudding the night before by mixing chia seeds, coconut milk and honey in a glass jar and letting it sit in the fridge overnight. Greet your concoction in the a.m. with raspberry sauce and your favorite granola.
6. Welcome in the sun by adding kiwis, blood oranges, bananas, red fruits compote, honey, flaxseed and sunflower seeds to chia pudding. Pour almond milk on top to keep it vegan.
7. Change up that chia pudding by preparing it the night before with macadamia nut milk instead of coconut milk. Then, sprinkle some love on your bowl in the morning by adding pomegranates, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, an assortment of seeds and flowers, homemade strawberry jam and whatever else tickles your taste buds!
8. Keep it simple with a dollop of coconut yogurt mixed with blueberry-lemon-chia jam and topped with blackberries, blueberries and whatever else will make you smile.
9. Mango it up with a mango bowl mixed with bananas, coconut, seeds, nuts and blueberries.
10. Create blueberry chia pudding by soaking chia seeds in almond milk with frozen blueberries overnight. Mix in coconut yogurt with 1 teaspoon maca and 1 teaspoon lucuma in the morning. Then, flower the bowl with pansies, fresh blueberries, mint and pumpkin seeds.
11. Soak buckwheat groats with water overnight. When you wake up, drain the water and rinse the buckwheat. Next, mix it with your favorite plant-based milk, cinnamon and agave. Spoon it up with passion fruit, blueberries, raw buckwheat, cacao nibs and maybe even a cookie!
12. Kaleidoscope this baobab bowl with buckwheat, beets, berries, fennel, clementines, papaya, coconut, lavender and exotic fruit for colorful vibes all day long.
Alexandra Crafton is possibilitarian, creative writer, editor, boarder, photographer, and believer in Christ. Get to know her more by visiting her website.