10 vital signs to know if it's love or lust
Posted July 14, 2016
Do you think the honeymoon phase of your relationship is gone for good? Well, he may not say the words “I love you” everyday, but that doesn’t mean you aren’t missing all of the signs showing you he does.
1. The man who searches for love sweeps you off your feet with a night out on the town. He treats you like a princess because he knows you deserve to be treated that way. The man who searched for lust ... let’s just say he won’t be that elaborate with your dates.
2. The man who loves will be very clear about his intentions and the purpose of the marriage. The man who lusts will keep you questioning.
3. The man who wants love says, “I love you” because he genuinely feels love and wants you to know it. The man who lusts says, “I love you” when he is sorry.
4. The kind of man who lusts cares about your physical state, but the man who loves asks about your emotional state.
5. You can talk about sports, food and old friends with the man who lusts after you. But the man who loves you wants to talk about music, politics, religious views and your family.
6. When there is conflict, the man who lusts will threaten to leave you. The man who loves sticks around to help clean up the mess, no matter who created it in the first place. He wants the challenges, the happy memories and the commitment with you.
7. The man who lusts will expect you to always dress up and be perfect for him. He will view your body as one of the most important parts of the relationship. The man who loves understands that bodies fluctuate in size and will never be perfect. He wants you to feel confident in your own skin.
8. The kind of man who lusts will not care about getting the family’s approval. He wants you, not the family. The kind of man who loves will try his best to get the approval of the family by being respectful. He may not receive it right away, but he will not give up trying.
9. When it comes to having a family of your own, the man who lusts is very firm in his ways and will not leave room for your opinion. The man who loves will ask you what you would like and tries his best to find a resolution that makes you both happy.
10. When it comes to cooking, cleaning or having a life plan, the man who lusts will not care at all. The man who loves will do laundry, prepare a nice dinner, take care of children, have a savings account to plan for your future and essentially have his life in order.
The man who loves will show you he loves you every day. This will not always be by saying the words, “I love you,” but will be shown through action. You won’t have to second-guess the way he feels -- even though you will because we all have those moments -- because he does not want to hide it. He will love you unconditionally.
Tana is a student with a passion for words. She believes that written words can touch people in ways unimaginable. In her spare time she enjoys singing, hiking, cuddling in a fuzzy blanket, and spending time with her friends and family.