10 most quotable lines from Kimmy Schmidt's 2nd season
Posted April 20, 2016
THE BUNKER — Season two of "The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt" dropped on Netflix Friday to the excitement of many. Those who were delighted by the quirkiness of a show about an adult woman who had childlike tendancies due to being kidnapped and living underground for most of her life probably thought they had a lot to look forward to.
Of course, it is hard to sustain freshness with such a wacky show that contains off-the-wall characters and goofy plots. This season was incredibly uneven, dropping the ball on stuff like Kimmy's ex possibly getting deported and whatever happened to her hot soldier date.
But if there's one thing "The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt" has, it's jokes. They fly fast (almost too fast) and hard, in layers you have to be listening for to catch. Here are the best one-liners of the season:
1. "I feezed on him, Lillian. That's a food sneeze." -Titus, on his supposedly disasterous first date with Mikey.
2. "My jams are grape, jock and space." -Kimmy, knowing what she likes.
3. Titus' various clever nicknames for Kimmy, including "Kimberlake," "Kimstagram" and "Kimbicile."
4. "That's what the internet is. Anonymous hosers criticizing geniuses." -Titus, when his one man show is attacked.
5. "Go away. I've decided to live as a bed from now on." -Titus, bummed.
6. "Numbers! The most boring of all the shapes!" -Titus upon being asked to do some calculating at work.
7. "What's your deal? You're like a cartoon person!" -Someone explaining Kimmy perfectly.
8. "I have a degree in political science from Princeton and all that wasted mental energy has to go somewhere!" -Deirdre Robbespierre, expressing her dissatisfaction at being a trophy wife.
9. "I do have ants in my pants due to some pocket taffy." -Titus, confessing.
10. "I swore that if I ever found my voice. I'd dedicate my life to speaking for them — the voiceless. Whether it's lab animals or the one woman at Goldman Sachs or the other members of Coldplay." -Russ Snyder, a fighter for the little guy.
What were your favorite lines?
Amanda is a writer and pop culture fanatic who studied journalism at BYU. She has written for a candy store, a U.S. senator, an art museum, Entertainment Weekly magazine, a beauty company, local news and musicians. Find her on Twitter @amandataylor88